Sunday, February 19, 2012

Valentine's Day Fail

I had all these ideas of special things I could do for/with Lucy to make Valentine's Day special. And did I do any of them? Absolutely not! It was just another regular day - Brandon went to work, I worked on the house, and Lucy went to daycare. But when I picked Lucy up, she did not come home empty-handed.


I think just about every child she goes to daycare with brought her a Valentine.  And they were pretty adorable.


I love the mother who attempted to offer some healthier treats instead of candy. Maybe this was actually the lady who runs the daycare. 


And I love these little photo cards. The boys are brothers and their grandmother runs the daycare and their dad is a general contractor who also did some work on my house. I'm secretly hoping that Lucy grows up to date the younger brother because he is so cute! Well, not so secretly - I told his parents about my idea - I think that they thought I was crazy to be matchmaking at this age.


Lucy even brought home a treat for me and Brandon (although Brandon didn't get to eat any of them because I ate them all). 


She also got Valentines in the mail from Baba and Mayumi. Lucy hasn't quite figured out mail yet but she loved to stick the origami flower in her hair and pretend to be "Ariel mermaid".


More candy.


And more sugar.

Of course, I felt terrible that I sent Lucy to daycare without any Valentines but I didn't even think about it. But I should have since many of the children there are school age and would have brought Valentines to share with their classmates and would want to bring treats to their daycare friends too since it is such a small group. But Lucy didn't seem to notice. And I'm sure that the kids didn't need any extra sugar. But we will definitely do something next year (even though she won't be in daycare :(   

They made the cutest little paper plate basket to carry all their goods in. Sometimes, the simplest crafts are really darling. 


And Lucy was one happy camper.


Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Kumi said...

Glad to know that Lucy had some fun things on Valentine's Day. Thanks for the card from Lucy!

MamaM said...

Lucy is adorable. You are funny. I like the paper-plate holder thingy too. I was just thinking, "Hey! I didn't get Valentines from Mom and Elaine, but then remembered I haven't checked my mail in at least a week. They better be in there.