Sunday, February 05, 2012

Celery Dessert and Other Randomness

I was making some chicken soup to combat this terrible cold we have had for the past two weeks (and to make the most of a rotisserie chicken) and was chopping up some celery after throwing away a few of the icky ribs that had wilted in the fridge. To my surprise, I turn around to see Lucy going through the trash, about to bite into the just disposed of celery. I've never bothered to give Lucy celery before because it didn't really seem like a toddler friendly snack and she's not into dipping things into peanut butter or salad dressing but I figure it couldn't hurt to offer it to her plain since she seemed interested. Well, she loved it!


I know you can't tell from the picture, but she ate that celery rib right up. I think we found a great new snack for Lucy.


Since we have been living at Damian's house while we are renovating, we end up having a little bit of a commute "home". A lot of interesting things happen in the car - mainly tantrums, sometimes sleeping, and the occasional feet clapping. Although Lucy is quite talkative as well and we have some interesting conversations. The other day, she told me, "Mom, I wish you were fat." Not sure why she wants that, but at least that means she must think I am thin. That is more than the little 5-year old girls in my Sunday School class think about their moms. At the end of the lesson today in church, one of the girls said while we were drawing pictures of our families, "My mom is fat...but she is tall." I told her to never tell her mom that. And then another girl in the class said, "My mom knows she is fat! And I wished my daddy is fat and HE IS! He makes a good pillow." The things kids say!
 

Lucy finally got her gingerbread man - except it was made out of toast and egg. I have never had toad in the whole until I met Brandon. I don't know how I missed out on these things in my childhood (even though I'm not really a huge fan).


Lucy wasn't really either - she mostly ate the toast man - one leg at a time.


And for dessert the other night, I gave her three options: an apple, mikan (clementine in Japanese), or celery. She chose celery.


How lucky of a mom am I?

3 comments:

Kumi said...

Indeed! You are some lucky mom to have kid who loves celery!!!

MamaQ said...

Amazing. Who actually likes celery?
And I've never had a toad in the hole either. I'll have to try it - I bet Maya would love it.

MamaM said...

Lucy is an amazing eater. She needs to show Olive how yummy celery is!