Sunday, February 26, 2012

Band-aids

An upset stomach seems to be a pretty common occurrence for me. Often times, it is caused by menstrual pain associated with my period and other times, I think it is related to something I ate (or over-ate?) or not eating enough. There's usually not enough pain to prevent me from going about my daily life - I can often ignore it and it passes - it is more of a discomfort and annoyance. But sometimes, in my moments of trying to find some relief, I'll go into child's pose or lay flat on my stomach on the floor which seems to help occasionally.

Source
During one of these moments lying on the floor, Lucy asked me what I was doing and I explained to her that mommy's tummy and lower back hurt and that sometimes, it helped me to lie on the floor.

Then Lucy gently said, "Mom, do you want a band-aid? It will make your tummy and back feel better."

My heart just about melted. I stupidly refused at first because I hated the idea of wasting something that I didn't really need. But how could I deny my sweet daughter the  opportunity to so lovingly "heal" me. So I got two band-aids - one on my back and one on my tummy.

Source
Cause seriously, how could I resist?



(The above pictures are actually pretty old - I just found them on Brandon's iPhone but thought they were an appropriate illustration of Lucy's cuteness.)


3 comments:

MamaM said...

She's so sweet! (Most of the time...)

Kumi said...

How sweet she was!!! She has faith in band aids!!

Mark said...

That top "yoga" pose reminds me of Mom when we first got married. I would have to tell her, "I know you love me, but get up off the floor. They won't let us in this store anymore!"