Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Lucy's Last Dance Class (until the summer) - May 1, 2013

So here is Lucy's real last dance class (until she starts again in the summer). I already blogged about her first class HERE. For the last class, there wasn't a whole lot of visible improvement but the parents got to participate...
I should have dressed more appropriately in yoga pants or something. I thought we would just be watching.

There was no performance or recital. Just the usual dance class from what I could tell when I peeked through the window on the door throughout the session.

But that didn't take away from Lucy's joy. I think that at this age, she may prefer dancing just for the fun of it.




Grey was enthralled to be there.
Can't you tell?
Lucy insisted on having her Hello Kitty blanket with her.

They ended class dancing on a (yoga mat) rainbow.


Sometimes it seems like these early classes are pointless but I do hope that there is some value to them in laying a foundation for dance later on. And at least it keeps her busy and gives her something to look forward to (usually). I also like that she gets to be with other girls in her class and has the opportunity to listen to another adult. Miss Jasmine was a great teacher and enormously patient with a bunch and 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 year old girls.




2 comments:

Kumi said...

It seems that Lucy enjoys the class. Of course, it is beneficial to attend this dance class as you described at the end. I'm glad that she can start again in the fall.

MamaQ said...

Adorable. I love little ballerinas. And it seems like "improvement" doesn't matter so much as having fun and being active and creative. Good stuff for the body and soul.