Monday, July 08, 2013

Aquarium - February 22, 2013

Missed posting this one too. Even though this was in the midst of my bathroom and kitchen make over, sometimes you just need some mommy/daughter time (or daddy needs a break). The last time we had gone to the aquarium, I'm not even sure if Lucy could remember it. I got a Groupon to get a discount membership at that time and I think that Lucy was young enough that I could get her in for free. But she decided that she wanted to go to the aquarium (even though it is a little under-whelming) so we just bought two new memberships. Hopefully, we will actually make use of them even though it's not a particularly convenient place for us since it is a little further away than most of our excursions.

The aquarium is pretty small and my brother-in-law joked that there are restaurants in Hawaii that have better fish tanks than the aquarium here in Utah. But Lucy seemed to enjoy it and I suppose that is all that matters.

There are sting rays you can touch but she was too afraid. She was also pretty petrified of the little sharks. My favorite exhibits are the penguin and otter ones but she didn't seem very interested in those either (or maybe just a short attention span).


She did love sitting on this frog!

1 comment:

Kumi said...

I am glad that Lucy had an opportunity to be exposed to some fish or creatures that she can enjoy.