Thursday, March 01, 2012

Thank you, Mr. President...

For giving us President's Day! We didn't even know that Brandon had the day off from work. And fortunately, Lucy's daycare was still being held so we were able to drop her off and move a lot of our furniture in from our garage and basement back into the renovated portion of our house (although we still have plenty of other work and touch-ups to do, we are itching to get back in and can work around our furniture now). Before we did all that though, we did stop by Ikea so Brandon could pick up a new office desk and I could pick up the $10 duvet set that was on sale that day.
What do you think? It can adjust to be a standing desk which is what he wanted...more pictures to come.
Can't beat $10 for a duvet set.
 We also tried to take advantage of the free breakfast promotion that they were offering that day but the line was outrageous! As much as I like free stuff, we were not willing to wait in line for an hour just to get free breakfast worth $1.99 (well, I might have but Brandon would not). But I did manage to score a free frozen yogurt for Lucy for signing up for Ikea Family (which I have been wanting to do anyway). Then we dropped Lucy off at daycare (4 hours late) and she played and we worked on the house. We did have some fun with Lucy in the evening though. We went to the movies to see The Secret World of Arrietty with Damian, his girlfriend, and her son.


We are big Studio Ghibli fans and I hadn't heard much about the film at all but it was really lovely. Very gentle and hopeful with a strong female protagonist, of course. I would highly recommend it. Here is a great review from Huffington Post. And Lucy was a gem at the theaters. I'm excited to start bringing her more often to other children's movies because she loves it (and I do to - I mean, is anyone else totally excited about seeing Brave?).

The rest of the week was a bit of a whirlwind. Lucy and I went to babysit at Emily's house on Wednesday but that evening, Brandon and I had a date night to get sushi at the Flying Sumo in Park City with his friend, Thu and his girlfriend, who were visiting from San Francisco.


Then Brandon's brother came into town the next afternoon for the weekend so he and Brandon could do a hike in St. George. So Lucy and I had a girls' night on Friday and were going to sleep over at Emily's house on Saturday night but the boys ended up returning a day early. When I heard about their little trip, I kinda wished Lucy and I had tagged along to enjoy the nice weather but it was all a little short notice and I have to teach my little 5 year olds at church and didn't think we would return in time. But at least Lucy got to spend a little quality time with her Uncle Adrian Saturday and Sunday. We got dinner at Corner Bakery Cafe Saturday night (mostly because I had coupons there but I also love their food) and had a family steak dinner on Sunday after church (which Adrian and Damian were completely in charge of - I love it when I don't have to cook!). Of course, I didn't take any pictures of my own of all the activities but my camera is still a little broken and I'm not sure what to do with it :(

No comments: