Thursday, March 29, 2012

Planning a Princess Birthday Party

After Olive had her birthday party earlier this year, Lucy has been really excited for her own birthday party coming up in April. I think that this will be the first year that she actually "gets" it. Since Olive had an airplane themed birthday party, we've been asking Lucy what kind of birthday party she wants. Let's see if you can guess what kind of birthday party she wants.

I'll give you a clue - it is a animated princess with red hair.

I bet most of you guessed this girl:
Source
And you would have been right a couple of weeks ago. All Lucy wanted was a mermaid party (specifically Little Mermaid party, but we were trying for a more general theme).

But lately, the answer is this:
Source
You know who that is? It is Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. The main character from the Hayao Miyazaki film which is about a princess after the fall of industrialized civilization who flies around on a glider over toxic forests with giant insects trying to save her kingdom. I do think the story is a bit more interesting than the Little Mermaid but how the heck am I going to base a birthday party around that. Any ideas? Like pin the eye on the giant ohmu?

That my friends, is an ohmu. A giant insect from the toxic jungle. Source

Maybe I was a little too ambitious in trying to have a theme for Lucy's birthday. Perhaps it should just be food, cake, and presents with some balloons. No theme. Or maybe just go back to original mermaid theme. I don't know what I was thinking - I'm too lazy to put so much work in to a birthday party that is just a couple of weeks away. We'll see what I come up with...

No comments: