Monday, May 18, 2009

Unrealistic Expectations

I like a clean house. My house isn't always clean but when it is, I feel a certain level of accomplishment. When I worked full-time, I would usually devote my whole Saturday morning to doing weekly chores and enjoy the fruits of my labor for a day or two until it got messy again. Now, as a stay-at-home mom, there is more time to clean but the cleaning seems endless. There is always something to do and often times, getting that something done comes at the expense of holding/comforting/playing with Lucy. But then, there are some things that need to get done. But how do you strike that balance?

I'm not sure exactly what my expectations were going into all of this but I think I thought that my house would be cleaner and that breakfast and dinner would be ready and on time everyday. I think I thought I'd be making my own bread and making tons of new friends with the other stay-at-home moms in the neighborhood. Some of the more experienced mothers are probably laughing if they're reading this. So yeah, I'm still trying to figure this all out...

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi Annie - Brian's oldest sister Meg joined a new moms / babies group after Henry was born. All of the babies were born within a couple of weeks of each other, so the support was relevant while they were still getting used to be NEW moms.

After 1 year, the moms still get together fairly often - and sometimes the babies go!

As far as breakfast and dinner - I have no advice!