Saturday, May 23, 2009

Donut Falls Hike

Today we went on our first hike with Lucy up Big Cottonwood Canyon to the Donut Falls Trail. It's a fairly easy hike that is only 1.6 miles out and back with a 410 feet elevation gain. Because of the nice weather and probably because of how easy it is, the trail was pretty crowded with a lot of people, especially families with kids. But I guess we fit into that category now. It was really good to get out of the house and into the fresh air.

Here is one of the views we had - one of the great things about being in Utah is having some great outdoor activities so close by.

Here I am with Lucy wrapped up in the Moby (which Melanie bought me for a baby shower gift and I love!). It was pretty overcast today but these pictures make it look like it was fairly sunny. I was a little bit worried about Lucy getting sunburned even through the clouds but she was fine. I think that I do need to find her a nice hat though...

Lucy immediately falls asleep in the Moby wrap and all the gentle bouncing probably kept her that way.

Here is a view of the falls - there is still plenty of snow up in the mountains but the weather was nice.

The water was quite high so we couldn't get as close to the falls as we would of liked. Since Brandon was unencumbered by baby, he could go out a little further on the slippery rocks.


Some cute old lady offered to take our picture together but unfortunately, cut off some of Brandon's head. At least it is in focus though.

Here's one last view on the way down. Utah is so beautiful and green this time of year so we are trying to take advantage of it by doing lots of hikes this year. So hopefully, more to come next weekend.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey we went hiking today too! (I'll blog about it later - in a day or two. But it was just me, Lex and Yona. We went up Milcreek and hiked part of the Pipeline Trail.)

MamaM said...

I love Lucy! And old ladies! And you guys, too. We just got back from Zions where we did A LOT of hiking. Check my blog later for pics.

Natalie said...

Lucy is so cute, and you look great! Glad you guys got to have a fun day out.

Laura M said...

The picture of you and Lucy has become my favorite! I might just put it up as my wallpaper :) I MISS YOU!! xoxo