Wednesday, May 20, 2009

So Many Questions


I find myself asking the same questions over and over again:
Am I feeding Lucy often enough or too frequently?
Am I feeding Lucy too much or too little?
Do I let her sleep too much or too little?
Am I holding her enough, talking to her enough, singing to her enough, giving her enough tummy time?
Am I doing enough?

What is most frustrating is that there are no right answers to these questions. It all depends on your baby and what works for you. So I am trying to figure out what works for us. It's really tempting to let her sleep for all hours during the day but then that can make for a really miserable night. I'm trying to read her cues on when she is hungry, tired, or wants to be burped or held or played with and I just have no idea. So I was thinking of implementing a schedule - mostly to maintain my sanity. If I can get her sleeping through the night and take all the questions and second-guessing out, life might be a little bit easier. We'll see how it goes...

No comments: