Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sleeping Through the Night


Yesterday morning, I woke up to Lucy's cry which is pretty normal. As I got up, I noticed it was already light out and I checked the clock - it read 6:14 AM. Could it be true? Had my daughter slept through the night at 6 weeks? We had put her to bed at 10:00 PM and I turned to Brandon and asked if he heard Lucy all night, thinking that I might have slept through an earlier cry. He got scared at first, thinking that something had happened to her (I guess he hadn't heard the cry that woke me up) but then she cried again. So we celebrated for a second and started the day.

So last night, as we put her to bed, it was with high hopes but some slight apprehension that the night before was just a fluke. I wanted to be realistic that there may still be those nights that she wakes up once or twice or maybe more. So when the cry came this morning, I checked the clock - 4:52 AM. Not as good as the night before but not bad either. So let's cross our fingers that it continues.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY for long nights of good sleep! Let's hope the trend continues!