Monday, July 09, 2012

Radio Disney Days, June 19th

In my never-ending quest to find free or cheap entertainment for Lucy, I heard about Radio Disney Days at the Gallivan Center from a local blog. So after hitting the gym in the morning, we made our way over the Gallivan Center to check it out.

I'm not sure exactly what I expected but I think it was something a little more. On stage, the entertainment provided was somewhat mediocre - just singing and dancing children that didn't really hold Lucy's attention. Surrounding the theater were a bunch of booths with a few activities - some free and some not.

Mostly, it was hot. I packed lots of snacks and lunch in a giant cooler that I lugged around with me.

We did make a cute little pinwheel at the Discovery Gateway booth, which just reminded me how much more I would rather be in the air-conditioned children's museum.

Actually, it wasn't unbearably hot. Just not that exciting. Although we did score two free books from the city library booth and some other booth. There were a couple of inflatable slides and bounce houses but because there were other cheap-o parents like me attending, there was a huge line just to go in. And it really wasn't a ton of fun without some friends there to hang out with.  

Right before we were about to leave, Lucy decided to amuse herself in the fountains.




But then we got a text from Kim that she had just arrived with Marlo. So we made the rounds again, this time stopping at the little train that you had to pay $2 for.



Well, I'm glad I at least tried something new with Lucy so we knew what it was although I'm not super interested in going again. What was advertised as "free" isn't really after factoring in the parking ($10 - ouch!) and the little rides. At least I got a little tan and spent some time outdoors. Maybe next time, we'll just go to the park or the children's museum for free.

1 comment:

Kumi said...

Isn't it better for Lucy to wear a hat???