Monday, July 09, 2012

The Melty Way

 We recently had the pleasure of seeing one of Brandon's good high school friends launch his first restaurant - a gourmet grilled cheese shop in the Fort Union area. We had been fortunate enough to experience his delectable cuisine a year earlier when he was perfecting his craft at a food booth at the Park Silly Sunday Market. So imagine our excitement when we found out he would be opening a permanent location where you could get melty goodness everyday, all year round. 


We avoided the grand opening after being warned that it was crazy busy but made our way within the first couple of weeks to try it out (even though we already knew how good it was). I was a little surprised at how steady business was for an off hour but I guess I shouldn't have been because the food is so good. It has a great location with a super, simple menu and fast-casual service which is a winning combination in my opinion. And the decor is bright and simple and clean to match. Our sandwiches were so good, I forgot to take a picture of them before we ate them. But here are some satisfied customers.


I think that Brandon got a Three-Cheese sandwich while I opted for the sweet grilled cheese with cream cheese and strawberry jam on cinnamon swirl bread. Can you say melty deliciousness? And I'm not even a huge fan of cream cheese!

Lucy might have spilled her whole cup of water all over herself after this picture was taken. Thank goodness for clean bathrooms in the restaurant where I could get her dried off and changed.

The only thing missing from the restaurant was a little bit of art for their big, white wall.

Brandon took care of that.

This was actually Brandon's first freelance job since he got laid off from work at EA. I thought the art complemented the colors of the restaurant perfectly and added a great bit of personality to the place (of course, this is coming from the wife of the artist - I'll admit that I'm a little biased).

But seriously, don't you love these colors? I don't even think that Brandon knew the color of the floor and it ended up matching perfectly.

And I love that there is a little quartet of prints - I think four was the perfect number.

Last I heard, the Melty Way was doing great (and may be adding new locations in Sugarhouse and Farmington?). And if it is doing this well in the heat of the summer, I can't even imagine what it will be like in autumn and winter when you are craving something warm in the cool weather. We wish the best of luck to Rob and his new business venture!


Check out the Melty Way in Fort Union:
1036 Ft. Union Blvd.
Midvale, UT 84047
801-566-5056


Store Hours:
Sun-Thurs 10:30am-9pm
Fri-Sat 10:30am-10pm










4 comments:

Kumi said...

Great job, Brandon!!

Mark said...

Make this a definite stop when I'm out there!

Dixiechick said...

Brandon is so talented it's crazy! I love his art in there. Very cool. It definitely makes the place look even more awesome. Glad to hear that the place is hoppin'. That's very cool.

MamaQ said...

yum and awesome. Hurray for Brandon and supporting friends.