Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy 1st Father's Day, Brandon!


With a new baby, there comes a new holiday to worry about with your spouse - Father's Day. I'm bad enough with birthdays and anniversaries so I am sure that Brandon has pretty low expectations about Father's Day. But I should take this opportunity to express what a wonderful father my husband is. The first several weeks with Lucy were incredibly hard for me but Brandon was the best support I could have asked for. Even before Lucy was born, Brandon was researching books and reading up on how to be a good parent and made sure that I was taking care of myself too. And once she actually came, he was getting up with me to feed her and change her and hold her. He also mastered the art of swaddling and thank goodness cause I had no idea how to do it.

Lucy's face just lights up when Brandon comes home (with the exception of when she is hungry and all she wants is mommy's boob) and he is a pro at playing with her unlike her mom can. I am very grateful to have such a loving, involved, present father to my daughter. I think that being a good father goes hand in hand with being a good husband and Brandon excels at both. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Here's a mini-celebration in pictures of my husband's awesomeness:
This was at a BYU vs. Utah football game in fall 2007 (I'm pretty sure that BYU won). With enthusiasm like that, Brandon was destined to be a great dad.

Brandon may look a little bummed out here but that is only because Laura and Lee's wedding (September 2007) had come to an end and he couldn't dance anymore. Or he may just be exhausted. Either way, I know that he won't be afraid to cut a rug with Lucy, even when she starts being embarrassed of him.

Brandon often says that we work so well together because we are the same amount of lazy. I guess you could turn that around and say that we are the same amount of active. This picture was taken December 2008 and we went on this incredible hike where I was five months pregnant. I'm really grateful that Brandon helped to keep me in shape while I was pregnant because it was so beneficial in having a healthy pregnancy and labor & delivery. Lucy is as awesome as she is, half in part to her father.

Brandon is a very deep thinker as can be seen in the above picture which was taken at Rob Engar's wedding reception summer of 2008. Even amongst the festivities, Brandon can be found deep in thought - probably wondering how it is that someone can be as handsome as he is...

Here is Brandon in Japan in spring 2007 sporting some long hair and a great beard. When my cousins met him, they joked that he looked like Jesus. You can't get much better than that!

I love you, honey - Happy Father's Day!

No comments: