Friday, June 05, 2009

The Cutest Outfits

So I used to be a bit of a clothes horse (and maybe stll am) but after having a baby, I felt this incredible need to simplify things and become a minimalist. I felt that we had become so materialistic so I wanted to pare things down to the necessities. When I registered for baby stuff, I was somewhat disgusted by all the "stuff" out there that we didn't really need and this consumerist culture that had developed in our country trying to convince us that we needed everything. I was even somewhat annoyed by all the baby clothes that I received because in my mind, I was thinking that all Lucy really needed was onesies and anything else was just fluff and more to take off when I have to change her diaper. But today was a little colder than usual so I put on her matching pants to this onesie (gifted by co-worker Marlene) and it just looked so cute all together as an outfit. So I am trying to change my attitude a bit - I don't have to go out and spend hundreds of dollars on baby clothes or things but I can certainly enjoy what has been given to me as gifts cause they sure are cute on her. Not only was it a little too warm for pants before but they didn't quite fit her even though they were for newborns (I think that she's a little skinny-mini like her dad). So they fit her quite nicely too except that they are a little short because she is so long!

She seems pretty happy too.
These pictures were taken right before a giant poo soiled this cute outfit and I had to change her into another cute outfit. So maybe it's a good thing I have all these baby clothes...

2 comments:

Matt and Krachel said...

I thought she looked really cute at church last week when she was wearing that green and pink dress - another gift I think you told me. It was adorable.

Grasshopper said...

she is such a beauty - her looks have changed so much! if i were you i'd be staring at her all day, too. she's so cute!