Monday, February 11, 2013

Movember at Melty Way (November 3, 2012)

Back in the summer of 2012, I wrote a post about our friend who opened his own grilled cheese restaurant, Melty Way. To support and raise awareness for Movember (held the month of November to raise awareness and fund for men's health initiatives, particularly prostate and testicular cancer), the owner asked Brandon to help him create a special event featuring local artists drawing on his restaurant wall as entertainment while the profits from that day's sales would be donated to Movember. So Brandon got together a bunch of his artist friends, bought A LOT of Sharpies, and went to work for five hours, adorning the spacious wall of Melty Way with many mustachioed characters (men grow out their mustaches in November for men's cancer awareness much like pink ribbons are associated with breast cancer awareness).

I had never even heard of Movember but thought that it was really cool that Rob (owner of Melty Way) wanted to find a way to give back in such a unique way and that Brandon could be involved and so instrumental in its organization. Despite not being able to find a babysitter, I made the drive out to watch Brandon do his thing with Lucy. She fell asleep on the way to the restaurant so I mostly sat down with her in my arms and watched for a little bit. I wish that she could have seen what was going on but luckily, I was able to get a few pictures.

The event was highlighted on Melty Way's website HERE.


Brandon's brother, Damian, was also involved and put his talents to use not only doing some drawing but recording and editing a time lapse video for the event.

I've yet to see the final product in person but I'm sure we'll be back there for some yummy grilled cheese sometime soon.

2 comments:

Mark said...

I hope Mom will give me a diet dispensation to sample some Melty Way creations.

MamaQ said...

such a cool video.