Saturday, November 03, 2012

July Recap - Cokeville Reunion and Dad's Visit from Japan

So I found out mid-July that I was pregnant and the pregnancy sickness and exhaustion set in almost immediately. This was unfortunate because there was a lot of stuff going on in July. We attended the Pioneer Day Celebration/Dayton Family Reunion in Cokeville, Wyoming the weekend of July 20th. The drive takes just about 3 hours from Salt Lake City and the town's population is around 500 people but a lot of people return/visit for the holiday so sleeping accommodations are pretty scarce. We usually stay with family when we are visiting but ended up sharing a room with Brandon's dad and brother at one of the two motels in town. I took one picture the whole trip (I was feeling pretty sick already so didn't have a whole lot of energy) because I had to document our room we stayed in. I can probably rank it as one of the worst nights of sleep in my life due to the terrible beds, pillows, and co-sleeping with Lucy. But do you see those awesome bedspreads and shams made out of jeans? There are just no words to describe it...

The very next week, my dad flew in to Utah from Boston to visit after arriving in the US from Japan just a couple of days earlier. The first full day he was there (Thursday, July 26th) and once Emily and Olive arrived at my house, we started off opening all the gifts from my mom that she sent with my dad for her granddaughters. The woman is crazy. Emily already documented this months ago on her own blog HERE. There were more princess dresses, clothes, shoes, books, and toys than we know what to do with. I'll have to send her a picture of Lucy's closet to show her that we really don't have room for any more! Lucy and Olive loved it, of course. It was like Christmas in July.



Then we headed over to City Creek for our first excursion. We walked around the shopping center but the majority of the time was probably spent in the kids' area of the food court where the girls played.



The next day's excursion (Friday, July 27th) was to Hill Air Force Base Museum which despite being within half an hour to my home and FREE, I had never been to (and neither had my Dad or Emily). Since our cousin from Japan, Megumi and her family live close to the museum, we invited them too. For more (and better pictures), you can check out Emily's blog post about it HERE.
Notice Lucy's ridiculous high heeled shoes from my Mom. But I think that she quickly realized it wasn't worth sacrificing comfort for style. The dress was awfully cute though and she was obsessed (and still is) with her Pink Power Ranger that was also a new gift.


When Lucy had a meltdown (I think that we had skipped a nap that day and gone closer in the afternoon), Emily and I both whipped out our cameras to capture the drama instead of comforting the poor girl. Sometimes, I can't help but to laugh. But once we found the kid's section, all was well again.

I just adored the little outfits that the kids could dress up in.



My attempt at a group shot. At least Olive and Lucy are holding hands. But of course, Lucy had bare (and filthy feet) and I ended up with shoes in my purse.

Lucy and I missed out on the activities on Saturday, July 28th when Emily took my Dad to visit BYU. Then for the rest of his visit, my poor dad was sick so we just hung out at Emily's house, eating, watching tv, and relaxing. All together, it was a nice visit with just the right amount of lazy in it.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Lucy is just so adorable - seems to have such a spunky little personality!

Emily said...

Wow, that seems so long ago! I love that Toki is reading the newspaper. And by the way, since my blog is private, the links to it won't work unless that person has been invited to read it.