Thursday, January 21, 2010

Family Pictures

So I don't think that I ever posted our first family pictures (which were actually from Heather's wedding back in July) but here they are:

We ended up printing out this one above which was our favorite, but in black and white. Lucy looks so little and it wasn't even that long ago (well, she was 3 months so I guess that was 6 months ago)! And my hair was so long!! We've still yet to get it framed and hung up in our home which for anyone who has ever been to my house, knows that I'm crap at decorating (or rather, I don't decorate at all). I'm working on it though.

Oh, my squinty Asian eyes and Lucy's eating her dress....anyway, the pictures were actually taken by Heather's wedding photographer, Adriano Batti, which I'm realizing was very smart of him because he posts the pictures on his website and allows the wedding guests to view and order them from him directly which brings in a stream of revenue that he wouldn't have otherwise had from just the bride and groom (cause I'm guessing that Heather and her husband don't feel the need to have a framed picture of my family on their wall or anything...I could be wrong though.)

Here are our latest family pictures, taken a few days after Christmas before Brandon's grandmother's 100th birthday party at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in downtown Salt Lake City.

I know that a lot more were taken but these were the favorites from my mother-in-law that she has sent me so far. My dilemma is that I like the way that I look in the first one better but I like the way that Lucy and Brandon look in the second one. I also like how the first one is a little tighter and doesn't have so much space around us. So which one should I get printed? I'm not so crazy about my hair in either picture (how did it get so long already?) and I wish I put more thought into what Lucy wore - her feet seem naked without shoes even though she never wears shoes. And our outfits together seem all wrong - not that I wanted a theme to what we were wearing but just something a little more together. And me and Brandon's lower half of our bodies just kinda melt into the couches so we look really bottom heavy - I don't work my butt off at the gym to have it disappear! I kinda wish we were standing instead of sitting - it feels kinda unnatural. Am I just being vain and nit-picky? I know, I complain too much - and especially too much considering that I didn't even pay for all this.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

All of the photos are frame-ready. These are all great, particularly the last one. And, I LOVE Lucy's little bare feet!

Dixiechick said...

Cute pics. I agree with all the things you said about the pictures except I think you actually look really cute in the second one too. Aesthetically the tighter shot does look better, but if it's just about the people in the picture I think the second one is better. Can you crop out all the extra space around you guys? That would be my suggestion. Cropped second pic. Was this a professional photographer? Because you'd think they would at least take into consideration background???? Also really love the first pic of you guys. SOOOOOO cute. Now that's a real photographer.