Saturday, January 23, 2010

I think I'm in love...

...with my new niece, Olive:She's beautiful and so perfect! I think that she looks just like my sister and she has a full head of thick, black hair. She made her grand debut at 5:46 AM after an epic labor and delivery and I got to witness it all. You would think that I would have taken more pictures instead of stealing this one from my brother-in-law's iPhone but I was too busy recording the birth and helping out Emily. She did it all natural without any meds and rocked the hospital down.

It was so amazing to witness.

It makes me want another one (despite being witness to the incredible pain!) I couldn't even remember my own L&D but I loved holding that little newborn in my arms. Lucy is so big compared to little Olive and my other niece, Maya will be a giant!

But enough about everyone else - let's talk Olive!

Middle Name: Kumiko (in honor of our mother)
Length: 19 inches
Weight: 6 lbs 14 oz (so little!)

And perfect! Mom and dad are doing great with minimal sleep. See you tomorrow, Olive!

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Congrats Auntie!! She is adorable!

Dixiechick said...

She does look just like you sister. Cute. It is so weird to see how gigantic your "baby" looks next to a newborn. It happens so gradually that you don't even realize how big they really are. Hmmmm, another one for you guys soon? :) You can't fight those mother instincts when you're holding a newborn.

Laura said...

Congratulations Auntie!! So happy for Emily, Jared and Baby Olive! Sending some love from the east coast xoxo