Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Heather's Wedding (July 17th)

I was the first out of my high school friends to get married 5 years ago in 2004. But since 2007, and every year thereafter, each of my friends has followed suit starting with Laura and Lee (September 2007), Julie and Danny (July 2008) and this year, Heather and Brian. Next year will be Betsy and (November 2010). We'll see if the trend continues in 2011 but for now, it's been a great excuse to come home to visit.

Laura and Julie's weddings both occurred when I was taking an unplanned hiatus from my blog, so I have never had a chance to post about them although I do have some pictures. There were a lot of things that were missed those two years so I'll have to post about all the important events sometime before all the memories fade. But for now, we'll focus on the present and take a look at Heather and Brian's wedding.

Most of these pictures, I snagged from other friends' albums because I am too lazy most of the time to take my own pictures. Especially when everyone else is snapping away and I know I can just steal theirs. And I'm in dire need of a new camera as mine is always acting weird on me. So thank goodness all my friends are such good photographers and post their pictures right away for me to steal:Here are all nine of us girls - plus one. Lucy has lots of honorary aunties in Mass. It's hard to believe all the changes that have happened since high school but comforting to know that everyone is happy, especially on a day celebrating Heather's wedding. She was a gorgeous bride.

I love these ones of me and Lucy. She was so good during the ceremony but just to be safe, we sat on the very back row so that I could stand in the back to bounce her (why is it that babies always like it most when we are standing and seem to immediately know when we have sat down?).

The weather was beautiful for the wedding - it's always a big gamble having your big day outdoors but the risk can pay off and it certainly did for Heather. The sky was overcast - perfect for pictures and not too sunny or hot for guests. And the rain held off until the reception was well under way in the tent.

Me and Laura with Lucy. Laura has been one of my closest friends since kindergarten. I always took for granted how close she lived to me when we were younger (I could ride my bike to her house) and now we're all grown up and far apart. But she is still one of the most warm, loving, and kind persons I know and I love seeing her, even if it's only once a year. I'm glad that Lucy will get to know such a person as Laura.

Betsy, Julie, Bekah, me, and Lucy. Betsy will be next to get married in November 2010. Julie just got married last year and is enjoying the married life, teaching, and being a recent new homeowner. And Bekah is across the country like me, but in California, enjoying the single life out there. I think that she can feel my pain with the cost of plane tickets.

Table picture! The food at the wedding was delicious and the centerpieces were beautiful. This wedding and reception was so Heather (is best I can describe it) - her personality was infused into everything and it felt just that - personal and beautiful.

Lucy got lots of love and holding from her "aunties" - everyone got in on the action - Melanie, Bekah and Betsy in the first picture and Jamie keeping her all to herself above.

Julie is another friend I miss immensely - she's always good for listening and you can expect that she will give you the honest truth but without being harsh. It was great sitting next to her at the reception and catching up. And as always, she is sporting the perfect summer tan. She's also great to sit next to at a wedding reception because she'll drink your champagne for you when you can't so you don't have to feel like it is going to waste.

And I think that this is the only picture of just me and Brandon. Lucy was off in the arms of some stranger, probably - she was being passed along like a bread basket. But it was nice to have other people looking after her for a while.

And here is our last girls picture of the night. Being married and having children certainly makes life a lot different. But with friends like these, you can always count on them being there with you through life's ups and downs. Looking forward to November 2010 - maybe there will be some new babies by then or a pregnancy (just hopefully not my own, yet!).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, I love all your girlfriends. It's cool you all have stayed in touch over the years.

MamaM said...

Oops. That was me who commented. I was signed in under Jared's account.

Laura said...

Leave it to me to turn on the water works! I can't wait to see you guys again xoxoxo *Skype date?

MamaD said...

After Japan would be good for Skype (after Sept. 8) or plan on it when you do NYC Trip with all the girls.