Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Six Months Already?!

So Lucy had her 6-month appointment yesterday. Here are the stats:

Height: 26 1/4 inches (75th percentile)
Weight: 13 lbs 4 oz (8th percentile)
Head Circumference: 43 cm (70th percentile)

So she is still growing but taller rather than wider. But her pediatrician didn't seem concerned at all. And her head has definitely gotten bigger - does this mean big brains? She also got more vaccinations which meant one liquid and 3 shots. She cried but it was only for a minute, literally. So it was a pretty quick recovery but she did seem more tired than usual that day.

Today, we headed over to JCPenny to get her 6-month pictures and dressed her up in Halloween costume (I want to feel like we are getting more use out if it instead of just one night!). She was adorable, of course as a black cat. Elaine thinks that I should dress up like Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service to match Lucy.
All I would need is a plain black dress, a red bow on my head, and a broom. But I'm not sure how well Lucy would be able to sit on my shoulder or the broom...
...she might end up like this.

But here they are:
These are the two that I ordered.

This one was a close third but I took the smiling ones over this one. But that is a pretty cute expression.

She is usually so smiley but not so much today which I don't understand because she took a two hour morning nap - she usually only goes for half an hour to an hour. Maybe because we had to rush off for our appointment and we rushed through her nursing. Babies seem to catch on to that stress...

Then we did a quick costume change...
...but again, no big smiles. She just looks very contemplative.

And here are the "special" ones that always make me laugh...
They've really got to think of something new besides "LOVE".


Halloween I can understand, but Christmas - already?

3 comments:

MamaM said...

I love the third one and the last one in red. Her expressions are so cute!

Laura said...

I have fallen in love all over again! I don't think Lucy can get any cuter :) Can we skype again soon please? xoxo

Dixiechick said...

I'm sad you didn't get the picture that was a close third. That expression is so dang cute!!! And the last "special" one that is for Christmas is a little creepy because it looks like they are serving you Lucy's head on a plate. It's an awfully cute head...but why is Santa about to eat it?