Thursday, October 22, 2009

Green Monk


So my husband has been working his butt off for the past year to get his mini-comic, Green Monk, done and printed. He's been doing it at night while working full-time at EA Games during the day (with a little help from his wife on finding and comparing prices of local printers and doing other administrative work for him). So he is finally done and I finally get my husband back in the evenings and on weekends. He even brought his work on vacation in Japan.
Here he is while we are at the onsen in Japan, hard at work.

You can see all about his progress of the project HERE on his blog and you can also order a copy of the comic if you feel so inclined HERE. If you live in the SLC area, don't want to pay for shipping, and are free on Saturday afternoon, you can come to the Book Release Party at Black Cat Comics. Details are HERE.

Here is a brief synopsis of the comic:
Green Monk follows the adventures of a Monk cast out of his order, wandering a mythical Russian countryside. His only companion is a magical blade of grass that draws him into a brutal struggle against a terrifying foe.

Sounds pretty exciting, huh? It's pretty cool, even for a girl not so into comics like myself. And I'm pretty stoked that I had a hand in the creation of it, or rather, supported him while doing it (emotionally, not financially). That is what spouses are for, right?

3 comments:

candace said...

you are a great supportive wife!

Dixiechick said...

That is so cool! I'm so impressed he got that done. Amazing. Hasn't this idea been kicking around for awhile? I think I remember hearing something about it back in the day, but I could be wrong. Good job Brandon! (and Annie, because truly the support of a wife is invaluable).

Natalie said...

Congrats Brandon and Annie! We'll have to get a copy. The Halloween pics of Luci are so cute!