Monday, August 24, 2009

Relief Society Temple Night and Red Mango (Aug. 5th)

Sometimes, you just need to get out with the girls for some frozen yogurt.

After the temple here in South Jordan...
...we headed to a new frozen yogurt place, Red Mango. One of the girls who had recently moved from California said that it was a knock-off of Pink Strawberry (or some name like that - I can't remember). Even if it is a knock-off, it was still pretty good. And it is supposedly 100% natural and healthy with probiotics and such. There were only three flavors of frozen yogurt and even though I wanted the pomengranate one, that machine wasn't working so I chose to get the original with some fresh fruit toppings. I was stoked not only because I had an excuse to go out for a frozen treat (since it was part of a church activity) but because I also had a coupon in the mail and I love saving money on delicious treats. Here is my masterful creation with kiwis, raspberries, and mangoes that I had to take a picture of before I dug in:

We got there at exactly the right time because immediately after we ordered, a bunch more people came in and the line was practically out the door. Here are the rest of the girls from that night:

Megan and Krachel - Megan is obviously really enjoying her yogurt. I should have bought hers for her since she watched Lucy for me when I was at my dentist appointment. I'll have to remember next time...Krachel and I carpooled together on the way since we live down the street from each other but she ditched me on the way home to chat with Jackie (which I forgive because it was my idea since I didn't want to wait around for their conversation to end). But Krachel is rad and she has an awesome job at Make a Wish Foundation. You can read about all the kids she helps here on their Make a Wish blog.

My flash was obviously having some problems in this one but that is Ursula and Brooklyn. Brooklyn is the one who just moved from California.


Here is Masha who was 15? weeks pregnant at this time but you can barely tell at all. And again, Megan really savoring her yogurt in the background.


And last but not least, is me and Jackie. Jackie and I are on the Enrichment Committee together so we get to plan a lot of these fun activities (although she is the one that comes up with ideas and does most of the heavy lifting). Jackie also has a fabulous fashion sense and I love her pointy red shoes in this picture. I have on my favorite red peep toe pumps but they are cut out. I know we probably aren't the same size shoe but maybe we could trade clothes...

When I got home, Brandon informed me that Lucy woke up from her nap and cried for an hour, not taking the bottle from him, before eventually crying herself to sleep. But he said it was worth it for me to have a night out. Maybe we'll have to go straight to a sippy cup - cause Mommy needs some more nights like these every once in a while...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that I am rad. :)