Saturday, January 14, 2012

New Year! New Camera!! New Blog!!!

I know that we are already a couple of weeks into the new year but it is never too late to start making resolutions. One of mine is to renew this old blog of mine. I've had it for many, many years but have not been very consistent on posting on it. So I thought I would start out fresh - give it a little makeover with this new, simpler template (which also coincides with a goal to simplify and de-clutter my life, both figuratively and metaphorically).

 Helping me accomplish my goal in posting more consistently on my blog is this little beauty:

Okay - I know nothing about cameras but this one is definitely aesthetically pleasing to me and ya know, it's a Sony and they're good, right? I played around with the idea of getting a fancy DSLR camera like my sisters have but after seeing them lug those giant things around, I thought something a little more compact and less complicated would suit me better. Although technically, Brandon picked this one out for me for my birthday so I had very little to do with it. And even though I actually got it back in November, I just never broke it out of the box till weeks later and when I did, I realized I needed a memory card and I couldn't find our old one so I had to order a new one (which happens to be 32 GB so I shouldn't be running out of memory any time soon). So memory card has arrived and this was the first week that I've tried this baby out.

I just didn't realize how technically retarded I was until now. Although my previous camera (which broke which is why I haven't taken pictures for the past year and was one of my excuses for not posting to my blog) was also a Sony Cyper-shot, this new one was really hard to set up to import photos to our Mac (you'd think it would just be all automatic when you plugged the stupid thing into your computer, but it wasn't). And I've already had some trouble with the lens not shutting correctly when I turn it off and the screen being out of focus for some reason so I am hoping that I don't have to deal with the whole warranty and exchanging it if I have a lemon.

But anyway, the big news is that I made the effort to take some pictures today so my poor parents in Japan can actually see some photos of their youngest granddaughter that isn't on one of my sister's blogs. So Mom and Dad, this camera was really a present for you too! 

2 comments:

MamaM said...

Lucy's not the youngest granddaughter...

MamaD said...

Der - I didn't forget about Olive but obviously wasn't thinking. I guess I should have written, "the smallest granddaughter". That would have been more accurate!