Friday, September 18, 2009

Lucy's 5-Month Pictures (09/14/2009)

So since I have all these coupons to JC Penny Portrait Studio from my Parents magazine, I figured that I would just use them all up, each month on Lucy. This is probably a good thing considering that I left my camera in Japan and I won't be getting it back until my mom comes back out to visit in January. And she is changing so fast, every day it seems, so monthly pictures isn't excessive, is it?

I dressed Lucy in her jinbei which was a gift from my cousin, Aiko in Japan. My niece, Maya, has a matching set as well. I hope that Lucy still fits into it next year because it is a great outfit for the summer (or maybe we can just borrow Maya's).

We actually captured a few smiles this time - she's becoming more photogenic. Maybe cousin Maya can teach her a few tricks for the camera as she gets older.

I ordered the two pictures above. The top one looks super posed but I like how it shows her whole body and I think that her little leg in the air is pretty cute.

These ones didn't make the cut though:

This one was my third choice but she kinda looks like a blob. I'm glad that I had more good ones to choose from this time.

This one kinda looks like the sheet is swallowing her up - I don't know why they insist on such unnatural poses. I guess they don't realize until the pictures come out - thank goodness for digital cameras.

This would have been cute if her head wasn't cut off.

I was surprised we got smiles this big - the photographer was much better this time...

...but they can't all be winners.

I do love these little feet though.

And the "enhanced" images weren't incredibly cheesy this time. I was actually a little tempted by the one below.

But not by the obligatory "Love" one. I can't believe that people actually pay so much extra for these. But then again, I've always been more of a traditional girl.
Next month: Halloween costume!

4 comments:

Dixiechick said...

I don't know how you didn't get some of those. So cute! I like the one where her head is cut off. Even with the head cut off...it's adoreable.

MamaM said...

She is such a doll. I love her!

Grasshopper said...

i wish you had gotten the third photo - i think it is the cutest! i can't believe it didn't make the cut! well, you're te mom...
though how can you go wrong with such a cute face? are we getting wallets?

Mei Day said...

I'm with Elaine. The third wast the best. We should have convened a family council before you made the decision.