Thursday, September 17, 2009

Guilty As Charged


I think that I have a tendency to be a self righteous frugalist. I found this article through a link on this other blog that I also have on my sidebar, Being Frugal is Fabulous. I thought it had some good reminders for us frugalists, or anyone for that matter - don't judge how people spend their money.

These are both written by frugaldad:

Frugal Living Is Not A Competition

Don't Be a Self-Righteous Frugalist

We just spent a lot of money on a trip to Japan which I would hate if someone judged me on that use of our money. But we scrimp and save in other areas of our budget and didn't go into debt to finance this vacation. And this trip was more about spending time with family, especially with the new addition of Lucy in the family (my dad hadn't met her yet!). But I don't know why I'm trying to justify this - if you read the articles above, hopefully, I'm not being judged at all.

1 comment:

Dixiechick said...

Such a good point! It is hard, especially because so many people are in debt and DO spend money on really stupid stuff. I'll have to read the articles. What an interesting thing to point out.