Saturday, November 02, 2013

Mosquito Bites! - July 5, 2013

With two kids, sometimes the only time you have to do any yard work is at 9:00 pm at night after the kids are in bed. I've been dying to do yard work all spring and summer but it's difficult with a new baby. So evening seems to be the best time when Brandon is home and it's not too hot and both kids are asleep. Unfortunately, mosquitoes really, really like me and I got attacked on my lower back (I was bending over a lot pulling weeds and my shirt rode up leaving a large slice of my skin exposed). So here is what I get for all my hard work. And these pictures don't even do it justice because the lighting was so bad and you can't see how swollen it all is. 

Poor Lucy must have my blood too. While Brandon rarely gets bitten by mosquitoes, she was attacked on a late night out playing and looked quite similar to the above photos on her back and arms. Poor girl! You got it from your momma!!

2 comments:

Kumi said...

It looks terrible! Are the mosquito at your yard must be so strong. One part of Apple cider vinegar +
10 parts of water works great!

MamaQ said...

I wonder if that vinegar concoction is to keep mosquitoes away or to treat the bites after they occur?
Sorry Annie - that looks so painful!