Saturday, April 06, 2013

Gingerbread Jamboree - December 19, 2012

I am seriously in love with all the activities at the library. I was so excited for the Gingerbread Jamboree and there were several dates for this activity I could choose from because it was scheduled at each city library branch. Of course, I procrastinated until the very last one but at least we made it.


For some reason, I thought that the activity would be making gingerbread houses but it was just decorating gingerbread cookies. I have never made a gingerbread house with Lucy but then again, I have never decorated gingerbread cookies with her either so it was just as well and probably a little more at her level anyway.

We were joined by my good friend, Cassie and her son, Porter who always seem up to join us in our adventures. It's so nice to have another adult to talk to with a child who can play with and help entertain your own.

Lucy kept things pretty simple - she is quite particular with her crafts and how she decorates. And she didn't even go crazy eating all the candy. Five cool mom points earned!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, Lucy's not the only one who earns "five points"? Yay for the library and free stuff! And yes, Lucy is very particular about her art. She's got her dad's talent!

Kumi said...

Yes, I love Lucy's gingerbread man. So simple, yet pretty!

MamaQ said...

Mmmm. gingerbread men...