Saturday, April 06, 2013

Discovery Gateway Crafts

Since we have a Discovery Gateway membership and Lucy is getting old enough to really enjoy crafts and I was more motivated to have fun activities to do with Lucy since I was putting so much time into my yoga class, I decided to take advantage of the free craft classes at our local children's museum. I think that both Lucy and I really thrive on structure and even though the crafts are fairly simple, let's be honest - I know I wouldn't put them together on my own at home.
We had the choice to make flower leis or candy leis - candy won out for every single kid there.

I have no idea where this pose came from. She was doing the same thing in St. George over Thanksgiving. Something she picked up in preschool or daycare?

I guess she just really likes to give the thumbs up - sometimes sideways though.

And of course, crafts aren't the only things to do at Discovery Gateway. The pretend grocery store is always a big hit. The girl loves to shop already...just like her momma. Well, I guess she is actually the cashier in the above picture.

And since we have a 4-person membership to the museum, Olive and Emily often meet up with us in Salt Lake and come with us.

This time, they made popcorn on the cob. They ate most of the popcorn - hopefully, not with any glue on it.

Love what good friends these cousins are.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Lucy does have the funniest poses. When does your membership run out? We should go there again on a rainy or hot day.

MamaQ said...

Maya still talks about this place and always asks to go back. Just another reason to come out and visit you guys soon...