Monday, November 23, 2009

Friendsgiving - November 21, 2009

Everyone should make Friendsgiving their newest annual tradition! It's Thanksgiving but with all your friends!! This was our second Friendsgiving and of course, I forgot to bring my camera. The spread of food was amazing (Brandon, Lucy and I contributed an apple pie) and I wish I could have taken a picture of it. I guess we had our cell phones but we must have been so preoccupied with eating all the delicious food that we forgot.

I'm not the hugest fan of turkey but the one served was amazing - a rotisserie turkey that had this spicy rub that turned crisp with the juiciest meat ever. I hope real Thanksgiving can measure up. Other highlights were some homemade breads with honey butter - the best pairing ever! There was also a decadent pumpkin-cheesecake pie that I helped myself to.

There were lots of good friends to reconnect with and the setting was comfortable and charming as Michelle, Elin, and & Emily were gracious enough to host in their new house in the 9th and 9th area of Salt Lake (which was wicked cute in how they decorated!). It again, reignited me and Brandon's desire to move to Salt Lake. ::Sigh::

Although we didn't get any pictures of our friends or the food or the cute house, Emily was kind enough to send me the pictures of Lucy and her new (boy)friend, Morgan.Morgan is over a year older - can't believe my daughter is already attracting the older boys - I think that she may be a heartbreaker. It started out with some innocent ball throwing - mostly Morgan bouncing the ball off Lucy's head (don't worry - it was a soft Nerf ball). She was unfazed. He must have been impressed with her resilience and decided to make his move lightening fast... Uncle Damian is a little worried in the background about the speed of progression of this relationship.

As Morgan continued to pucker up, it soon progressed to open-mouthed kisses - Lucy initiating the French lessons. We witness how naturally she closes her eyes in the moment...

As both sets of parents look on, Lucy expressed her delight with the whole situation...

And then some slight embarrassment that her parents witnessed her first make-out session. Morgan - let's set up a playdate!

1 comment:

Laura said...

We have a "Friendsgiving" every year with some of Lee's friends from high school. We call it "Thanksgiving Part 2". I must agree, it is a lot of fun!

And I have to comment on Lucy's 1st make-out session...SO FUNNY!! I'm so happy your friend got it all on camera to share :) Lucy will just love it in 15 years too! ha ha

xoxo