Sunday, September 01, 2013

Lucy's Preschool Graduation - May 22, 2013

Get ready for picture overload! I'm sure we have video of this but we also have a ton of pictures and I can't seem to whittle them down. Brandon and I both were able to attend Lucy's preschool graduation from West High Community Preschool with baby, Grey.

Here she is, walking in.

Sitting so thoughtfully! Glad she was in the front row. I think it is so funny that the girl sitting behind her is wearing a Merida dress from Brave. Hurray for parents who let their children dress themselves!



Maybe getting a little bored/tired.

We were so proud when she got up to count the numbers on the calendar. Because of the size of the class, not all students were able to participate by themselves in the graduation program but Lucy had a sizable part for herself and she did great. She is not shy and knew her days of the week.

We may have forgot to tie the back of her dress. She hates having it tied in her car seat while we are driving because the bow digs into her back but I guess we forgot to tie it back up when we arrived.





Our little fire girl!




Receiving her diploma and candy necklace. That is her teacher, Miss Celeste. Lucy loved her super pointy fingernails.



And yes, Lucy chose her outfit by herself.

I splurged on some flowers, mostly because it is nice to have an excuse to buy some and brighten up the house. So she felt special and I also got to benefit.

Walking into the after-party for some refreshments.

Proud girl!
Yummy snacks!


What a great experience preschool was for Lucy. She loved going and even though the schedule was a little annoying (it was twice a week but alternated from Monday/Wednesday to Tuesday/Thursday each week except sometimes, when it didn't). I was amazed at what she learned (her ABC's, counting, writing her name) and how she improved in her skills like coloring and cutting. Mostly, it may have been a nice break for me, especially so I could go food shopping in peace and go to my doctor appointments. Next week, Lucy starts preschool again and this year, it will be three hours a day, four days a week!

4 comments:

Kumi said...

Lucy is so lovely and well behaved.
Unfortunately, the both video didn't play,,,

MamaQ said...

i had issues with the video too. but lulu is awfully cute.

Emily said...

I love preschool! And Lucy!

Mark said...

I LOVE it when kids dress themselves; it's so cute.