Monday, June 10, 2013

Welcome Baby Grey! - March 17, 2013

Grey Yasujiro Dayton
Born Sunday, March 17th, 2013 at 3:00 am
Weight: 7 lbs 4 oz (32nd percentile)
Height: 21 inches (90th percentile)

We're approaching Grey turning three months and I'm just getting a post up about his birth. I'm assuming that most people who read my blog already have seen the youtube video that my sister, Emily posted which gives pretty much all the details (there have been almost 500 views!). I'm so grateful that she was thoughtful enough to record our story when it was so fresh and post it so we wouldn't have to re-tell it over and over again. Emily e-mailed the video out and we posted the video on facebook and it has been shared and passed around to friends of friends but I still wanted to post it here on my blog since this is sort of my on-line journal.



The only funny detail we failed to mention in the video that I didn't even realize until later was my cat's involvement in the labor and delivery of Grey. While I was in the hospital, I noticed that I had these scratches on my forehead and I was trying to figure out how I got them. At first, I thought that I might have scraped my head on the porch while I was laboring and pushing but the angle was all wrong. And then it all came back to me. Our front door was open (so we at least had the light of the living room at 3:00 am) and my cat, Angel came out on the front porch. I must have obviously been very loud and my cat got freaked out and started batting at my with her paws and claws outstretched. I remember swinging my arm out at her and screaming at her to get her away and Brandon remembers it too. It's pretty hilarious to think back upon and just makes me realize why some people are not cat people or prefer dogs instead. I have a feeling that a dog would come and tried to comfort you in your time of need (like when you are suffering having a baby) but the cat will really try to kick you (or claw you) when you are (literally) down.  

My sister also posted the video and some great pictures on her blog HERE but I got a few pictures of my own too:


We were a little worried at first that we got the wrong baby delivered to us because of the sign which said Holbrook. We quickly found out that was the name of the pediatrician on call at LDS Hospital.

And here are the pretty flowers that my father-in-law had sent to me as soon as he heard the news. It's always nice to have some flowers to brighten up the hospital room. 

2 comments:

MamaQ said...

I love telling your story to people. It is so amazing and makes for good conversation. You rock Annie!

Mark said...

That's really funny about Angel. I know it wasn't funny at the time, but in retrospect it's hilarious.