Monday, April 19, 2010

Like Sisters?

I never really had the opportunity to be close with any of my cousins because growing up in Massachusetts, we didn't live very close to either sides of the family (in Maine and Japan). So I feel very fortunate to live nearby to at least one of my siblings and that her daughter is so close in age to Lucy and that I get the opportunity to go visit at least twice a week to babysit. I hope that Olive and Lucy can be close like sisters sans the sometimes sisterly drama or competition.

I think that we are off to a good start:
It will be interesting to see how Lucy transitions to being the older cousin because I think that she really enjoys looking up to her older cousin Maya. Now Olive will be looking up to Lucy and I just hope that they learn how to entertain each other (so less work for me). Now if only we could get the rest of the family out here...

2 comments:

MamaM said...

Yay! I love that they will be friends. They're so cute!

Kendra said...

Love this post. They are so cute together!